I believe that health care is a basic, fundamental human right, not a privilege. But health care in America is far too expensive and convoluted. In the richest nation on earth, I believe we have a moral duty to guarantee quality health care coverage for every American, and end the disgusting practice of corporations profiting from people’s health and well-being.
In the Senate, I will support any legislation that gets us closer to the goal of universal health care coverage. I’m less fixated on what you call it, and more focused on the result: ensuring access to health care for every American. I will also support efforts to lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 while expanding its benefits to include vision, hearing, and dental care.
Under our current system, many people are forced to pay thousands of dollars for medicine that they need to survive. It’s inhumane and inexcusable. If we are going to bring down the prices of prescription drugs, we need to go after the pharmaceutical companies that jack up the prices. We have finally passed a law to allow Medicare to negotiate certain drug prices and cap annual prescription drug costs, but we cannot stop there–we must allow for the importation of lower priced prescription drugs from other countries and limit drug costs for all Americans.
- Preparing the Next Generation
- Keeping Our Promise to Veterans
- Investing in Rural Communities
- Respecting Our Seniors
- Safeguarding Our Democracy
- Delivering Criminal Justice Reform
- Building a Humane, Safe, and Secure Immigration System
- Protecting Women’s Reproductive Freedom
- Guaranteeing Health Care
- Legalizing Cannabis
- Securing LGBTQIA+ Rights
- Taking on Crime
- Fighting Inflation + Lowering Costs
- Promoting American Energy + Building a Clean Energy Future
- Supporting Workers + the Union Way of Life
- Maintaining Smart Global Leadership