The women and men of our armed forces are some of the best our country has to offer. After everything our service members do for us, the very least we can do is hold up our end of the bargain when they return home. For too long, politicians in both parties have short-changed our veterans through bad policy decisions, burdensome bureaucratic hurdles around the country, and mission creep around the world. It’s disgraceful.
As your senator, I’ll fight to expand and improve health care access for service members, improve quality of care provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) by securing increased funding, rigorous oversight and necessary reforms, and increased access to mental health services for PTSD, depression, and reintegration into society. I also believe that we need to improve staffing ratios and grant all V.A. health care staff collective bargaining rights and expand alternative treatments for veterans suffering from addiction issues.
Honoring our veterans means cutting through the noise and getting things done for the people who put their lives on the line for our country. We must do more to support them.
- Preparing the Next Generation
- Keeping Our Promise to Veterans
- Investing in Rural Communities
- Respecting Our Seniors
- Safeguarding Our Democracy
- Delivering Criminal Justice Reform
- Building a Humane, Safe, and Secure Immigration System
- Protecting Women’s Reproductive Freedom
- Guaranteeing Health Care
- Legalizing Cannabis
- Securing LGBTQIA+ Rights
- Taking on Crime
- Fighting Inflation + Lowering Costs
- Promoting American Energy + Building a Clean Energy Future
- Supporting Workers + the Union Way of Life
- Maintaining Smart Global Leadership