Supporting Workers + the Union Way of Life
For the past 40 years, the rich have gotten richer while the workers who actually keep this country running have fallen farther and farther behind. The past two years have made this abundantly clear—management, elites, and politicians praised essential workers, but failed to back up those words with actual support. It is past time to build an economy that works for all of us, not just the people at the top. That starts with protecting and expanding the union way of life.
The union way of life is sacred, and as a public servant, I have always stood up for workers. I have walked picket lines with striking workers, attended countless rallies in support unionization efforts and have even asked my campaign email list to donate directly to unions’ strike funds. I’ll take this fight for workers with me to Washington.
We’ve seen bad trade deals have sold out people on factory floors, and benefited the people in the boardrooms and sent thousands of good-paying union jobs overseas. The bottom line is that we need to make more stuff here in America and keep jobs here. In the Senate, I’ll work to reverse the bad trade deals that have hurt American workers.
I will also proudly support the PRO Act, which will protect and expand workers’ rights to organize and bargain collectively for better wages, benefits, and protections. And I’ll fight to raise the minimum wage to at least $15/hour.
John on the Issues
- Preparing the Next Generation
- Keeping Our Promise to Veterans
- Investing in Rural Communities
- Respecting Our Seniors
- Safeguarding Our Democracy
- Delivering Criminal Justice Reform
- Building a Humane, Safe, and Secure Immigration System
- Protecting Women’s Reproductive Freedom
- Guaranteeing Health Care
- Legalizing Cannabis
- Securing LGBTQIA+ Rights
- Taking on Crime
- Fighting Inflation + Lowering Costs
- Promoting American Energy + Building a Clean Energy Future
- Supporting Workers + the Union Way of Life
- Maintaining Smart Global Leadership