I fundamentally believe immigration is what makes America, America. This issue is personal to me. My wife, Gisele, was a Dreamer who came to America when she was 7, fleeing violence in Brazil with her family. I would not have my family if it weren’t for immigration.
It is no secret our immigration system is broken. We need a system that is strong, secure, and humane. In the Senate, I would support investments that go towards keeping our borders strong and preventing the flow of illegal drugs into our country. We also must work to ensure that our immigration system is humane. I support commonsense immigration reforms that will restore our country’s legacy as a nation built by immigrants. In the Senate, I will work to modernize our visa system and asylum programs so that they can’t be exploited by bad actors. I will also fight for a pathway to citizenship for frontline workers, small business owners, and young people who have only known this country as their home.
We have to reject the false choice pitting laws and strong borders against those coming to America to seek a better life for themselves and their families.
- Preparing the Next Generation
- Keeping Our Promise to Veterans
- Investing in Rural Communities
- Respecting Our Seniors
- Safeguarding Our Democracy
- Delivering Criminal Justice Reform
- Building a Humane, Safe, and Secure Immigration System
- Protecting Women’s Reproductive Freedom
- Guaranteeing Health Care
- Legalizing Cannabis
- Securing LGBTQIA+ Rights
- Taking on Crime
- Fighting Inflation + Lowering Costs
- Promoting American Energy + Building a Clean Energy Future
- Supporting Workers + the Union Way of Life
- Maintaining Smart Global Leadership